Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Feeling good

This evening was our third night of "scene work" on The Mercy Seat, and it was the first time that I really felt... capable... of taking on this role. Up until now, a lot of the material has felt out of the realm of my experience, and I was doubting my ability to play a character that I didn't really feel. But today as I was working, I found a moment where the character just clicked, and I started rolling with it. By the time the director stopped us to go back and look at something, I had realized that I was onto something with the character. The director liked the discovery as well, and so now I finally think that I'm onto something here. It was just the confidence boost that I really needed to go forward on the play with that reckless enthusiasm and freedom that I harnessed during "Big Love." I'm really jazzed about the opportunity to keep working on this show.

No comments: