Thursday, April 3, 2008

A new project

I have recently been working on another project that I'd now like to talk about. There is a superhero fan film contest this summer, and I'm in the midst of producing a short film set in the Superman world. I've spent the last week writing the script, the last two days designing and working on the costumes, and I've been arranging auditions and shooting schedules via email. I'm really excited to work on this project. All this planning and preparation plays into my strong suits, and I'm really enjoying the work I'm doing on this film. It doesn't have a title yet, nor does it have a principle cast, but I am holding auditions on Monday night in Philadelphia. Shooting is scheduled for next weekend, so it's important to get a cast as soon as I can. The deadline for the contest is in early May, so we have a little bit of time to work on the film, but not all that much time. But this producing job isn't something that I've done before, and I'm starting to think that I'm actually pretty qualified for it. I need to find some sort of real job, since I've been working some nice long hours without getting paid for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like hard work and fun all rolled up together! I hope I get to see the finished product.

Nick said...

Jeff, of course you'll get to see it. I'll be showing it to everyone I know! DVDs go on sale soon... :)