Sunday, October 28, 2007

Long trip to southern Alabama

It was really hard to tear ourselves away from the beach house in Florida this morning, especially after a wonderful breakfast with elements cooked by yours truly. I then saddled into the driver's seat, and I took the van and trailer over 200 miles all the way up through the Florida panhandle, and all the way into southern Alabama before we stopped for dinner, and I had had enough driving. So Frank came in and closed out the day, and now we're sitting in our hotel room in the Days Inn playing Settlers of Catan. But I'll be honest, my mind is only half in the game. I'm writing this entry as other people take their turns and watch the football game (despite my best efforts to both turn the TV off as well as mute it.) I don't understand how my fellow folk can play a game while being constantly distracted by the idiot box. Now, I love the idiot box, don't get me wrong. But if we're playing a game, we should be playing the game. I mean, we're even distracted by commercials.

This was a very mundane day. We cleaned up the house, and then drove across a lot of highway, before coming to rest at a basic pit-stop on our road to our next theatre on Tuesday. Not always a glamourous life, but it's the inbetweens between the fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cooking and game playing?! Give me back my life!! (you can keep the trailer)

Amanda S said...

sounds like a lot more fun than travelling around the philadelphia and tri-state area in the walnut van... although those black t-shirts were very hard to come by... and only the cool kids could wear them.

Nick said...

Dude, that Walnut van was sweet. And I think I have a Walnut T-shirt with me on this tour, or did I leave it at home....