Monday, October 1, 2007

The End of an Era

And so marks the final days of "Big Love," closed out by two fantastic performances on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night was sold out, and the audience included some friends of mine as well as my parents. Laughs started early and flowed freely, and the night was once again capped off by closing down the local bar at 2am. The performance went really well, and the audience was enthusiastic in their applause for us. Also, based on the conversations at the bar the night before, I grabbed a huge (and excessive) amount of cake to smash over Michelle's head. The crowd loved it, everyone went wild, and we made the decision to go with the smaller handfulls again. A friend from Pella windows made it up to see the show, and he really enjoyed it. Hopefully, he might even post a comment about the show, seeing as how it would be nice to have an outside observer weigh in on what the show was like to see. Then we closed on Sunday afternoon with a smaller yet responsive crowd, for whom we gave a very solid performance. Before the curtain rose, Tim told us to leave everything onstage, so there was nothing left over. And sitting in the restaurant after the show, utterly drained and feeling quite tired, I realized that I had done just that.

It was quite hard to leave the area for the last time, as well. I know I'll keep in touch with the people from this, whether to share music or have them read this very blog. And hopefully I'll see them again, whether I visit the campus or they take a field trip to come see me in Romeo and Juliet. And I may even be back at Cedar Crest for another show later in the year. Whatever happens, it was a great cast to work with, and I had a lot of fun on this production. I'm excited to be moving on to the next thing, yes, but this one was so much fun and so artistically fulfilling that it will be a hard one to beat.

And, I promise more pictures, posted up here before I get too deeply involved in R&J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we/ I loved having you at CCC!
you're amazing!!!