Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wonder if Spielberg started this way...

When I was in high school and college, I made some independent short films with friends. They went on to study film in college and make their own independent movies, and I've now included a link to their company on my blog. So you can check out their work at the link for Digital Reality Films. Last week, I went by their place after an audition to work with them on a few of their commercials for an online video contest. It was just like old times working with them. We shot three or four commercials for Heinz Ketchup, which are now posted on YouTube. One of the best ones can be seen at the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO1gstRJeTY&feature=user.

Their company is well into post-production on their most recent project, the horror film "Preservation." They shot it last summer, and they were showing us the rough cut of the film before we started shooting. Through the course of the night, we also discussed some other projects that we wanted to produce, and I would like nothing more than to sink my teeth into some short films. I have all this free time, I might as well try to make something with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!! I love the 'tchup commercial! Seriously, that was excellent. Did you have to do more than one take to nail him in the chest with the bottle?

RMontesano said...

Awesome spots! And very clever.