Friday, March 7, 2008

That's the OPPOSITE of what I wanted

Last night in Philadelphia, I gave a very strong audition for a student film project at UArts. Dan, the exec producer of Paper Cuts, emailed me with the casting call for the opportunity, and I am always one to go out for student projects to add to my experience of filmmaking. And since I had callbacks in NYC this weekend, I grabbed the 8pm chinatown bus to get to NYC. I threw my clothing bag in the bottom of the bus, and then found a seat. As I'm sitting in the bus, getting out my book and listening to my ipod, I was wondering if my bag was going to be okay down there. And, even though I've long ago learned to trust my instincts, I decided that it would be okay. It was just paranoia. But when I got to NYC, the bag was not in the bottom of the bus. So I think I was robbed. Lots of clothing was taken, not much else, but I was sad to lose my Superman baseball hat that travelled the country with me twice. So today I have to go buy some clothes so I have something to wear to my callback tomorrow. And it really, really sucks.

4 comments:

Amanda S said...

http://www.p2pcirculator.com/

$25 round-trip - leaves from 30th St Station and drops you off at Penn Station

Anonymous said...

Sucks indeed! That's how I felt when I left my camera on a taxi in Mexico. Fortunately material possessions can be replaced (although it doesn't necessarily make you feel any better). Onward!

Melissa said...

oh no! that's horrible! not the superman hat!!! ahhhh i would die if someone stole my Mrs. Depp shirt haha.

Nick said...

Lucky for me, it wasn't anything too valuable. The Superman hat, yes, but I've already found a potential replacement. And I actually found the exact same sweater I lost, on sale at Macy's in NYC. So I did luck out.