Friday, June 29, 2007

Wine tour

Okay, so it's not a very creative subject line, but some of us took a tour of a local winery today since we had the time off. It was a lot of fun, even though our tour guide was less-than-knowledgeable about everything. She did really well on the presentations, but whenever she asked for questions, she fumbled around with the answers and really couldn't give us anything that we wanted to hear. We did get wine tastings, which were a lot of fun, and they have some excellent wines that they bottle there. My favorites were a semi-dry reisling and a top-shelf sherry. Both were a little too expensive for me to take home, but I'm smelling an idea for something my mom can do when she comes up to visit next week...

Tonight we have a dinner at Karin's house to welcome the incoming cast of Man of La Mancha, and then we have our official opening night tonight, followed by a lobby reception and the second bonfire of the year. And then tomorrow morning at 10am, we start rehearsing Man of La Mancha, so this blog is going to be covering two shows soon. Add to that the fact that when I return to Philly, I'll be in Red Light Winter followed by Romeo and Juliet, not to mention Tony N Tina's Wedding; so at the moment, I am currently committed to and involved in five different productions, and that's not including my online TV series.

It's fun to be a working actor, even though none of these jobs can pay the bills....

No comments: