Sunday, December 2, 2007

Only as good as...

... your next project.

And to that end, my next project will be the musical "Spitfire Grill" at Cedar Crest College, the same place I did "Big Love" for those of you keeping score at home. It was produced off-Broadway in 2001, based on a film of the same name, and you can read all about it on wikipedia.com. The director sent me the CD while we were staying in Nashville this weekend, and I waited a entire 24 hours before breaking it out and devouring it. The music is fantastic. The composers blend broadway ballads with old-time folk sounds, making it a very unique score. The notes for my character go pretty high (!) but I'm confident that I'll get to them. I'll have to rehearse and really use the time well, but I'll get there. I've listened to it about four times in the last two days, and I'm already starting to learn all the words. I won't get to work on the show for another month yet, but I'm really excited for it. Tim challenged me so much when we were working on Big Love, I'm really excited to see what he can come up with for Spitfire Grill.

5 comments:

RMontesano said...

Congrats on Spitfire. You'll be working with my other half. You will have fun.

Nick said...

So I've heard, Ralph. I'm also hoping some of our Big Love girls are in it as well. I'll see you around rehearsals, I bet.

Amanda S said...

yay a musical!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I didn't die, too! At which high school in St. Louis did you perform? By the by, thanks for the blog shout-out.

Nick said...

We were at the Universiry City High School.