Saturday, December 1, 2007

Night on the town

Last night, we went into Nashville for a night on the town. We started the adventure at Mulligan's Pub, where we had drinks and food, and played a very cutthroat game of Assassin. Now, we had two games going at the same time, and the four-player game was so well-balanced (for the most part), that it took almost three hours to finish! The other group of three managed to finish three or four different games in the same time that it took us to finish our first. So then we left one of our company to listen to the Irish band and flirt with the women there. We then went up and down Broadway, popping in and out of music cafes to hear various country and bluegrass bands. We settled in a cafe where a band was playing that combined bluegrass with Flock of Seagulls, and they were good. We ate and drank and stayed out until around 2am, at which point I came home, washed the smoke out of my hair, and then slept until 10am this morning. We don't often get the chance to sleep in like that, so we always take advantage of it when we can. I also popped into the Wildhorse Saloon and other places that I visited in Nashville a year ago with the Cinderella company, and it was pretty amazing to be back in the town. I honestly never thought I'd be back.

After a big breakfast at the Waffle House and a morning game of Settlers of Catan, we went out to the mall near the Grand Ole Opry this afternoon. I searched hard for a cowboy hat that would fit me, but I didn't have any luck. Mostly, the afternoon was spent finding cool things to do in the mall (like an Aquarium restaurant, a stingray tank, black light mini golf, etc), but then looking closer at them and decided that the memories they would create weren't quite worth the slightly inflated price that they cost. So now I'm at the hotel again, playing some online games, reading my newest book, and trying not to think about working in Hollywood...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH IRISH BAND!

Unknown said...

Waffle House?! games before noon?!

Tell you what, I'll trade you those things + your whiny actors for 50 crazed CHILDREN (with accompanying sequins, sparklers, and what have you) + my cranky production team.

Also, paychecks. Let's trade those too.

And no cowboy hat to fitting your giant noggin? Well, well...what a surprise. ;)

Amanda S said...

sounds like you're having fun! hey, can you call me later if you have a chance? i was offered a tour and since you're an experienced tour man, i'd love to hear your thoughts...

Nick said...

And besides, I'd never be able to keep my cowboy hat from getting crushed in the van.