Sunday, December 16, 2007

Best. Weekend. Ever.

So we're on the road again, after getting the show cancelled last Thursday and then spending the weekend away from each other. Since we were near New York City, most people went back to their homes, friends, and families, and I went down to Allentown to spend the weekend with a good friend and see her in A Christmas Carol. Indeed, I really meant to write some blog entries over the weekend, talking about what we had done on the way to Scranton, about sitting in the parking lot of the hotel trying to figure out what to do, and then the late night drive down to Allentown to drop me off before they all flew farther east to New York City. But it ended up that I was having so much fun over the weekend, I didn't ever want to sit down at my computer; that would have robbed me of so much of the fun! Briefly, I saw a lot of friends (including two from "Big Love), I ate a lot of great food (including a turkey burger at the Bethlehem BrewWorks), and I played a lot of games (including Bang!, Spite & Malice, The Settlers of Catan.) It was also kind of cool to be commuting into the city on Friday to do my show. Even though I had to get up crazy early (4am!), but because I was coming home to the same house after my work was done, it felt like a job. And I always love when acting can feel like a job, because it really makes me feel like a professional.

No comments: