Monday, November 23, 2009

Title Match

Yesterday was the last performance of EECD. We followed it with a reception in the theatre for the major donors, then we went drinking and bowling (mostly drinking) before heading out for two-pound cheese steaks. Our final show was a great one to go out on, too. We had a great audience that was very supportive and responsive in all the right places in the show, and we had a fantastic wrestling match to open the second act. It was a textbook match that actually got the crowd cheering for us to finish it off with the powerbomb. And it was a great powerbomb, too. All in all, it was a very solid show and an absolutely perfect one to finish with.

That led to the party afterwards. We bowled two games as we got progressively drunker and drunker, although some of our bowling games actually improved. Mine did, even if the cheap beer started wearing off around the sixth frame. All the time we're bowling, it didn't really hit us that this was the last time this group would be together. So we kept bowling and drinking until it was time for the drunken cheese steak run, which we ate with glee. Then it was time for the goodbyes and the see-you-laters and the promises to all hook up when we are in NYC. And I will miss this group of people very much. I don't think I will miss the constant physical abuse, but I will have to wait to see how I feel about that in a few days. It's entirely possible that by Thursday I will be jonesing for some wrestling, and I'll have to ask all of my friends if they can powerbomb me.

No comments: