Monday, November 2, 2009

Self-motivation is not my strong suit

I recently got a gig as a freelance writer. I've always thought that freelance writing would be a good gig for me, something to fit into the acting/performing schedule. I could freelance by day, and then perform by night. I'd be some sort of artistic superhero. However, there is a key factor of freelance assignments that seems to be eluding me at the moment - the self-motivation. I've spent most of the day sitting at my desk, trying to force inspiration out of my fingers, but nothing came forth. I kept working into problems, I generated a whole lot of words, but I'm not sure if any of them are good to keep. I haven't yet found the right point of view for any of my writing assignments, and that's the real key for me. If I can find that "way in," then the words generally flow. I need to figure out how to force the creativity a little bit more.

No comments: