Monday, November 9, 2009

How does my body always know?

Tonight marks the end of a lovely day off smack in the middle of the run of EECD. Well, we are technically a little past the halfway mark of the show. We crossed that hurdle with the show on Wednesday night, and now we have only 13 performances remaining. (Two shows next Saturday.) The show is going along really well, especially now that I've finally learned how to do it without seriously hurting myself on a nightly basis.

But one of the best parts of the whole process is hearing how the audiences are reacting to the show. And I don't mean the laughs, cheers, applause, and/or standing ovations that we receive. But rather the comments that we get from people who come to see it. A friend of mine asked me how I felt being in the "most important show in Philly right now." For an actor who is used to doing summer stock, children's tours, and classic mystery/thrillers, I wasn't entirely sure how to answer that question at all. Aside from humbly smiling and saying that we just try to focus on the work, I'm not sure how I feel. I am very proud to be a part of this show. Kris wrote an amazing play for us with great words to say, and the cast and the crew have done an amazing job.

I'm very proud to be in this show, to know that my name is going to be connected with this show as it develops. Sure I'm not one of the big stars nor am I one of the movers-and-shakers in the play. But everyone in the play needs someone to beat up on...

No comments: