Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Film audition

This afternoon I had another audition, but this time it was for a film that is shooting this summer in Philly. A writer for Paper Cuts told me about the gig, and I went down to meet with the director and read for one of the leading roles today. I was reading for a character named Cole, who was described as a good-hearted guy who has a tough and wisecracking exterior. Thinking that I knew this guy pretty well, I went to the meeting with a good feeling. Not only that, but the director was a fan of my work on Paper Cuts, as well as the various scenes I did for the evening of senior screenings. I read all of the sides I had prepared, and then I read them again after he gave some adjustments to my interpretation. I was there for about an hour, and it was a good audition. I'm not sure if I'm the best fit for the role, but I know that I did a good job with the read. Hopefully he'll look at the work, look at my experience in acting, and he'll take a chance on me.

No comments: