Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

And back in the swing of things....

I'm getting up very early in the morning to go audition for the season at Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival, so I've got my work cut out for me learning and prepping a monologue from Twelfth Night tonight. And then I'm going to start Spitfire Grill next Tuesday, which is a week sooner than I thought we would start rehearsing. So I'm really excited, to say the least!

But as I sit here preparing my monologue for tomorrow, I think again about how much I hate auditioning. I mean, yes, it's a skill that everyone has to have to be an actor, but it's just no fun. Especially as I get older and I start getting into bigger and bigger talent pools. In school there were only 30 people auditioning, and 20 or so would be cast in the show. But now I'm in competition with hundreds of people for only a handful of roles. Plus, I'm thinking about taking a couple classes this year. Classes on acting, on auditioning, on working in film, and maybe some of them will help me be better prepared when it comes time for the big opportunities.

No comments: