Friday, January 4, 2008

Audition from this morning

Me and two of my buddies headed north this morning to audition for the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival at De Sales University. Since their auditions started at 9am and we wanted to make sure we would be seen, we were on the road around 7:30. There were no other actors there waiting for us when we arrived, so we all got seen back-to-back and then we were on the road again. Overall, I think I did really well. I started off with Duke Orsino from "Twelfth Night," and I think I handled the language pretty well. I hit all the stressed words and made the comparisons and thought changes very clear. The artistic director asked if I had anything else, so I did a little bit of Cassius from "Julius Caesar," to which I worked through the emotional depth of the speech. Ideally, I would want to do both in the same monologue and blow the auditors away, but I'll take what I can get for the moment.

No comments: