Thursday, November 1, 2007

Rabbit rabbit

So yea, while in New Orleans we stayed at the Hotel Monteleone last night (www.hotelmonteleone.com), which was only a few drunken steps away from Bourbon Street and all the parties that came with Halloween. We put on passable costumes, dressed for the night, and then went out to seek our fortune. Some folk got drunk pretty quickly, and then we spent the night going from club to club, dancing, listening to music, drinking some more, and wandering up and down the street admiring the costumes. The best were a couple dressed as contestants from Double Dare, someone dressed as Sauron, and at least half a dozen Indiana Joneses.

We also heard some great cover bands, two of our boys danced in a cage together, two of our girls danced in the same cage together, one of our boys made very good friends with several girls in a bar called "Boondock Saint," we went to a place called The Gumbo Shop (Yum!), I did some Christmas shopping, and then my roomie and I sat up into the night drinking cheap whiskey and wearing the deluxe bathrobes from our five star hotel. All in all, it was a wonderful night. Some pictures might be coming, but I had no camera with me, so I have to rely on the pictures and the kindness of others.

Then, after this wonderful night last night, we got into our van at 6:30 am for an hour drive across the lake to perform two, count them TWO, shows in Covington, LA. I think we were all a little scared about having a double day so soon after a late night, but we pulled through very well. Then we drove another four hours to reach Alexandria, LA, where we are spending two nights in a row. How luxurious... From here, we mosey on up to Conway, Arkansas, and then we head out into Texas. I'm really glad we have a weekend coming up, I'll tell you that much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whiskey in bathrobes?! give me back my life!

ah, it never gets old.