Saturday, November 10, 2007

The end of a busy week


After a so-so show in Houston this morning, we drove a few hours to get to San Antonio TX for a little break in the evening. Just outside the city, we stopped at a truck stop called Buc-ee's, for which we had seen the signs for the hundred miles leading up to it. It was a fantastic stop, and the company picked up coffee, candy, t-shirts, jerky, free steak, coffee mugs, bumper stickers, and postcards. From there we headed to San Antonio, although we were just too late to actually get into the Alamo, we did get to see it, touch it, and a picture of it is posted here.


I did not take this picture, but it still looks like that. The rest of the trip was a little stressful, as most of us had something to drink at dinner, and so the trek through the wildnerness of Texas was peppered with drunken actors, pee breaks, and long patches of stress where there was nothing to be seen. Tempers were running high as we got into our hotel, and now I'm playing online as I wait for my laundry to finish. (I had no more socks.) I'm suddenly getting sleepy, but I wanted to get it out of the way tonight instead of dealing with it in the morning.

We have another eight hour drive tomorrow, so I'll also probably spend some of the laundry wait composing a playlist for the few hours I'll do. It's important to have goals and such.

No comments: