Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Office days?

In my current show, EECD, I play several professional wrestlers who get their asses kicked in a variety of ways. We spent three days last week working with a former pro wrestler who taught us all the basics that we were going to need to learn - how to fall, how to take a punch, how to throw a punch. It was an intimidating few days, especially since I'm the general punching bag of the show and have to do most of the "heavy lifting." It was hard on my body and hard on my mind, but after the three days I was starting to feel a little tougher and hardier. Course, a few days later I pulled a muscle, but that's another story.

Tonight is our second round of training and fight choreography. I still have to learn how to do the powerbomb since the wear-and-tear on my body was standing in my way last week. I'm not gonna lie, it's a scary thing that I'm not sure I am capable of doing. But the alternatives scare me even more, so I'm really determined to get myself into shape to do it. I worry that this is my last chance tonight, since we'd have to find an alternative if it doesn't work. Time to use all my energy and power. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

JParis said...

Dori showed me the flyer for this show. Nick in tights (again)!