Thursday, October 15, 2009

Not too shabby....

Another afternoon rehearsal tonight, and only our second full run-through of the entire play. For only our second time, we did a great job. The timing was just about the same as it was for our first run, and we're just going to get stronger and better with every run we do. We're learning our lines, our fights, all of our everything, and it's going to get leaner and leaner by the time we start performances next week. Tech is this weekend. I know, this weekend, and that's a little crazy. But we did learn tonight that the theatre doesn't believe in those long "10 out of 12" tech days, where the actors/crew literally work 10 hours out of a 12 hour call. That was some pleasant news for us.

I had a little bit of fun tonight during our initial fight call, though. When we were working on the powerbomb, my partner and I started to go up into the lift, we lost our timing and our grip, and I ended up falling back onto the canvas. I landed on my head, clocked myself good, and then rolled down onto my back. I'm not going to lie, it hurt. The stage manager was down to take care of things in a heartbeat. I took a minute or so to just lie there on the canvas before I was ready to get up, and then I spent the rest of the day trying to work it off. I kept stretching, took some medicine, and just took care of myself. Now, sitting at my desk, it feels much better even if I'm not all the way back to 100%. But even with that little injury, we could still do the match sequence and make it look great. It only gets better from here.

No comments: