Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Playing Actor

So taking my own advice, I watched the most recent episode of "Paper Cuts." A friend of mine commented that she would have watched it over and over, picking apart every little detail of her performance that she wasn't satisfied with. To which I responded that although I had no interest in watching myself, I was also not about to subject myself to that kind of scrutiny. But viewing the episode, I found myself being more critical than I thought I would be. I've always thought I would be one of those actors who doesn't like to watch themselves on screen. And now with Paper Cuts, I realize that it's true. I enjoyed watching the shows at the premiere we had, sitting in a crowd that was all enjoying the show. It's just sitting at my desk alone that I don't need to see stuff I could have done better.

No comments: