Sunday, September 16, 2007

Where no man has gone before

I recently purchased the complete original Star Trek series on DVD, and as I am currently on the third disc (of twenty one!) of episodes, I am considering it one of the best purchases I ever made. These are ultimate relics of my childhood, and there a part of that 8 year old boy comes out every time I put one of them on. But this connects to an acting blog not with an analysis of the acting in the original Trek, but rather a mention of the new JJ Abrams Star Trek movie about to go into production. This is now the second big movie that I have desperately wanted to be a part of, the first being last summer's Superman Returns. So as an unrepresented non-union actor who is not living in LA, I want desperately to be considered for that film. As much as any Trek fan would love to play Jim Kirk, I would just love the opportunity to wear those outfits and walk around the various sets from a scifi world that no longer exists. So if anyone sees any information about it, please post it here and let me know. When I come back from Romeo and Juliet, I'm going to make it my business to try to get involved with film and perhaps television. I love doing theatre, but my dreams and aspirations are starting to lie on the silver screen instead.

No comments: