Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back to old haunts

Tonight I went to see "It Runs in the Family," Hedgerow Theatre's annual production of a Ray Cooney farce. I always enjoy going back there as a successful "graduate," still acting and still making a living at it. Old friends are still there, so we can swap stories and recall old times. And I always meet new friends there as well, many of whom I eventually see in the Philadelphia theatre community at large. And in this case, I know a bunch of the current full-time theatre fellows, and one of my good friends from Tony n Tina is their lead. The show was funny and enjoyable, and it was good to see old friends again.

I talked up both Big Love and Romeo and Juliet, and I'm trying to get the Fellows to come up and see Big Love. They run a show that weekend, but it's possible that they could come see a final preview or a dress rehearsal. Fellows came to see my production of Getting Married when I ran that at Bloomsburg, and I hope they can come see this one as well.

No comments: