Monday, June 15, 2009

First readthrough of "Double & Small"

Last Tuesday evening was the first readthrough "Double & Small," the Philly Fringe show that I'm in. Some of you may remember when I participated in a reading of this play. After that reading, the director offered me a role in the show if they were going to produce it at the Fringe. They even asked me which role I would be interested in, so I got to pick the one that appealed to me the most. As I mentioned before, the script walks the line between real and abstract, and it reminds me of the recent show I worked on, "Big Love." In the reading, it was fun to hear all of us trying to find the best way to balance the competing elements in the script. This show goes up in September, and even though we don't start intensive rehearsal work until July, but the director wanted to give us this basis for any work that we do on our own. We also have a few scattered days of table-work through June until we get back to the business at hand in the end of July. The process should be pretty fun, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: