Saturday, November 3, 2007

Dropping a ball

I have yet to work my mind around the fact that these theatres and schools at which we perform are only open during the weekdays. This is not really a problem, except for the fact that I have not been able to get in touch with anyone at our venue for Monday. I should have gotten in touch with them at the beginning of the week, so I've completely screwed up and dropped the ball on this one. But the boss said that another show performed here a few days ago, so we may have lucked out on this one. And I make it a policy never to make the same mistakes twice, so I'm sure this won't happen again.

But until then, I'm a little nervous. It's not about the technical aspect of the show - I know that will go well. I just hope there is someone there to open the doors for us at 8am on Monday. I've left messages on every number I can find, and I even emailed the tech directors based on the online technical packet for the theatre. I think we'll be okay, but I know that I am very easy and flexible when it comes to hitches in plans. And while I think that makes me a great manager because I'm not easily fazed by changes of plans, it also makes me an inconsistent manager because I don't relay that information to the people on my crew. I like flying by the seat of my pants, because it always works out for me. Maybe that's something to adjust about my managing style...

2 comments:

Amanda S said...

I'm sure it will all work out! It always does. =)

Anonymous said...

hey nick, just dropping a line to say hi - glad you're enjoying your tour