Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Swing of Things

We went back to the wrestling ring to start a third week of EECD, and it actually felt really good to start working again. Sure, we had to throw ourselves around after a very relaxing day off, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's pretty wild how accustomed your body can become to something. The physical work is rooted deeply in our bodies now, so it's easy to pop in and out of. Sure, it still hurts a little on my back, but I'm getting better for sure. I'm not making any new bruises, but I'm still landing on the old ones.

We also had our first casual "coffee conversation" talkback after the show, led by our director Seth. Some of the patrons were calling him by his name; they clearly have long-standing relationships with him. It was wonderful to be involved in a theatre with such a devoted subscriber base. They asked very good questions about the wrestling moves and about the larger issues of the play. I like that we have so many post-show discussions during this run. I love answering questions from the audience, and I also really like hearing what the audiences think of this show. It's a show that confronts people, and it is fun to hear the reactions that people have.

No comments: