Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Delaware: Tax-free shopping and Wawa heaven

We drove up to Wilmington, DE today in preparation for our final show tomorrow morning. I'm really excited to be ending this tour. As much as I love the work, this idea of performing every morning for children is starting to wear thin. I have nothing but respect for actors who do touring theatre, but I know that it's not for me. At this point in my career, as well as my life, I'm more interested in working in one town, in the same theatre for several months in a row on the same show. Course, truth be told, I'm really interested in being a film and TV actor. I'm going to be doing Spitfire Grill in Allentown in the end of February, but I also need to go find some actual work to pay the bills. I've managed to save a good deal of money from this tour, but it's not enough for me to live a life of luxury for very long. My parents and friends are coming to see the show tomorrow, and then we have to drive up to CT again to go to the warehouse and unload our set, props, costumes, etc. Then we grab the train back to New York City, and I'm spending the weekend with a friend. We're looking to hit a museum on Friday, and then we're going to see a Sherlock Holmes play on Saturday night. The holiday season then starts for me in full force on Sunday, when I go home for the first time since early October. I'm very excited!

No comments: