Monday, August 25, 2008

What lurks

So.... I haven't really posted before when I'm in one of "these" moods, and I was going to write something about it last night. But I fell asleep, so tonight's blog gets to see this entry. I have days every now and then when I think about my career, or I think about my life, and I just really have to question where it's going. And what's it doing. I'm not going to claim that I thought I would be famous when I was twenty five. Yes, I hoped I might be famous when I was twenty five. But I thought I might have a career by the time I was thirty, maybe thirty five. And I know that I haven't reached those milestones yet, but I still don't see those goals being met. In the meantime, I'm working on small movies and small regional theatre stuff, but I still can't see how that is going to push my career forward. So that's part of the darker side of being an actor, I guess, and of not having the slightest idea of what I want to do with my life....

1 comment:

JParis said...

What about other areas of your life? If I may be so bold, a career is only part of it. Satisfaction, accomplishment, and fulfillment can/should come from other sources as well...